Our play group is open to Childhood Enrichment Therapy clients and their siblings up to age 5 years. We have implemented a six-week Friday series (beginning March 21st and running through May 2nd). We meet in Irwin for 1.5 hour sessions, emphasizing socialization, peer interaction and preparation for pre-school activities. Our play group is led by one of our Special Instructors, Laurie Albright. Each play group session offers circle time, complete with songs and stories, gross motor games and a sensory-rich activity (promoting fine motor skills and incorporating tactile input). This is a wonderful opportunity for parents and children and we hope all of our families will take advantage of this new venture! Please contact Brianne or Kaitlin if you are interested. It’s not too late to join our current spring session. Hope to see you there!
Basic Uncooked Playdough
- 1 cup cold water
- 1 cup salt
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Tempera paint or food coloring
- 3 cups flour
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- In bowl, mix water, salt, oil, and enough tempera paint or food coloring to make a bright color.
- Gradually add flour and cornstarch until the mixture reaches the consistency of bread dough.
- Store covered.
Edible and fun finger/brush paints
- Sweetened Condensed Milk
- Food coloring
- Small mixing bowls
- Paint brushes
- Tea spoons for mixing
- Card stock or other heavy paper for painting on
Pour a little milk into a bowl, add a couple drops of food coloring, and mix.